Cantina Andriano was founded in 1893 and lays claim to being one of the first wine-producing cooperatives in the region of Alto Adige. Andriano's vineyards are unique to the area because they are protected to the west by Mount Gantkofel, which is made of dolomite rock and calcareous stone. The sedimentary rock from this peak has eroded over the years and gradually settled, forming a downward sloping hill of deposited soil at the base of this valley. This sedimentary soil deposit expands like a fan from the mouth of the valley over an area of 200º from South-Southeast to Northeast and at an altitude of 260-340m above sea level. The fertile calcareous clay soil is typical of the area and leaves its footprint in the wine's character. As well, cooler climate conditions and high altitude are responsible for the crisp acidity in the wines that give them their unique complexity and freshness.
Cantina Andriano produces two categories of wines: the Classics line, which features wines that are vinified and aged in stainless steel and the Selections line with reds that are aged in small oak barrels and whites that spend more time with lees contact. Andriano wines are elegant and food friendly with good aging potential and wide appeal.
- Pinot Grigio Alto Adige DOC
- Finado Pinot Bianco Alto Adige DOC
- Pinot Noir Alto Adige DOC
- Müller-Thurgau Alto Adige DOC
- Gewürztraminer Alto Adige DOC
- Floreado Sauvignon Blanc Alto Adige DOC
- Somereto Chardonnay Alto Adige DOC
- Andrius Sauvignon Blanc Alto Adige DOC
- Lagrein Rosé Alto Adige DOC
- Bocado Schiava Alto Adige DOC
- Anrar Pinot Noir Riserva Alto Adige DOC
- Rubeno Lagrein Alto Adige DOC
- Tor di Lupo Lagrein Riserva Alto Adige DOC
- Juvelo Gewürztraminer Passito Alto Adige DOC
Cooperative - Cantina Terlano
Varietals planted :
Müller-Thurgau, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Bianco, Pinot Grigio, Pinot Nero, Lagrein, Schiava, Chardonnay, Gewürztraminer and Merlot.
Winery production :
Total acres planted :