It has been said that in partnership, the result is harmony. Through a lifetime of building relationships in the vineyards of Burgundy, Pierre Meurgey has proven this a steadfast rule. A native Burgundian, fourth generation wine trader, and former director of operations of a well-known négociant in Beaune, Pierre enjoys friendships with the top vintners and vineyard managers in Burgundy to source the finest grapes for his two labels Pierre Meurgey and Meurgey-Croses, the latter a tribute to his mother Marie-Thérèse Croses. Pierre is omnipresent in the vineyards from pruning to bud- break to harvest, offering his expertise in organic and biodynamic agriculture while working tirelessly with vineyard managers to oversee the plots destined to become his signature Cote d'Or and Mâconnais wines.
Master of Wine Clive Coates once wrote that a feature of Meurgey wines is the total absence of a Meurgey Signature. In a region where 'terroir' is paramount, this may be one of the highest compliments one can receive and a testament to the value of preserving a sense of place as opposed to a homogenized, 'cookie-cutter' winemaking style. Pierre's purist philosophy has evolved even further at Meurgey-Croses with the sovereign belief that the Maconnais and its individually unique regions will be home to an entirely new and soulful renaissance of White Burgundy production.
- Meursault Les Narvaux
- Pernand Vergelesses 1er Cru Sous Frétille
- Corton Charlemagne Grand Cru
- Côte de Nuits-Village Aux Montagnes
- Beaune 1er Cru Les Vignes Franches
- Savigny-lès-Beaune Rouge Les Bas Liards
- Vosne-Romanée "Aux Communes"
- Nuits-Saint-Georges 1er Cru Les Pruliers
- Nuits Saint Georges Les Chaliots
- Pommard 1er Cru Les Grands Épenots
- Viré-Clessé Vieilles Vignes
- Pouilly-Fuissé Vieilles Vignes
Varietals planted :
Chardonnay, Pinot Noir