The Pala family began their adventure with wine in 1950 amongst the rolling, vine-covered hills of Serdiana, an idyllic village located in southern Sardinia. With mild winters and warm, dry summers, this part of Italy's second largest island is ideal for grape growing, with the traditional varietals finding a special home here. Under the guidance of Mario Pala as of 1995, the winery continues to be family-owned. The value of tradition and the innovation of modern techniques are both incorporated into the winemaking process at Pala.
Pala owns six different vineyard areas with a total of 68 hectares currently under vine. Each vineyard is planted with varietals that are chosen according to the microclimate and soil type of the individual site. Many of these varietals are indigenous to Sardinia including Monica, and Nuragus. Pala practices organic farming in the vineyard and does not use chemical pesticides or fertilizers.
A deep respect for tradition, special care and devotion to the vines and finally the production of great wines, have always been the fundamental philosophy of Pala. This dedication has resulted in wines of great character and elegance that are enjoyed by wine lovers around the world.
- I Fiori Vermentino di Sardegna DOC
- I Fiori Nuragus di Sardegna DOC
- I Fiori Cannonau di Sardegna DOC
- I Fiori Monica di Sardegna DOC
- Stellato Vermentino di Sardegna DOC
- Stellato Nature Isola dei Nuraghi IGT
- Chiaro di Stelle Rosé Isola dei Nuraghi IGT
- Silenzi Bianco Isola dei Nuraghi IGT
- Silenzi Rosso Isola dei Nuraghi IGT
- Cannonau di Sardegna DOC Riserva
- Entemari Isola dei Nuraghi IGT
- S'arai Isola dei Nuraghi IGT
- Essentija Bovale Isola dei Nuraghi
- Assoluto Isola dei Nuraghi IGT
Varietals planted :
Vermentino, Cannonau, Bovale, Monica, Nasco, Carignano and Nuragus
Winery production :
Total acres planted :
170 acres/68 hectares